Ongoing R&D projects
- Project titled: “Design and Implementation of New Signal Waveforms and Processing Techniques for a Lower Energy Consumption-FAWI“. Project type: TEPN. Duration: Jan 2019- June 2021;
- Project titled: Back to Single-Carrier for Beyond-5G Communications Above 90GHz-BRAVE. Project type: French National Research Agency ( with code: ANR-17-CE25-0013). Duration: Nov 2017- end 2020.
- Project titled: Enhanced PHY for Cellular Low Power Communication IoT-EPHYL. Project type: French National Research Agency (with code: ANR-16-CE25-0002) with grant agreement code: N° ANR-16-CE25-0002-03. Duration: Oct 2016- end 2019.
Completed R&D projects
- Project title : Waveforms MOdels for Machine Type CommuNication inteGrating 5G Networks-WONG5. Project type: French National Research Agency (ANR) with grant agreement code: ANR -15-CE25-0005-03. Duration: Jan 2016- end 2019.
- Project title: Advanced Waveforms, MAC Design and Dynamic Radio Resource Allocation for D2D in 5G Wireless Networks-ACCENT5. Project type: The French National Research Agency (ANR) with grant agreement code: ANR- 14-CE28-0026-02. Duration: 4 years, Dec. 2014 end 2018.
- Project title: Broadband Professional Mobile Radio Based on Filter Band Multi-carrier Modulation-PROFIL.
Project type: The French National Research Agency (ANR-13-INFR-0007-03), France. Duration: 3 years, ending 2017.
- PHC (Hubert Curien Partnerships) ULYSSES, French-Irish research mobility program titled: Generalized Frequency Division Multiplexing (GFDM) for the Next Generation Wireless Systems. Partners: IETR-Institut d’Electronique et de Telcommunications de Rennes (SCEE) France, and CTVR Trinity College University of Dublin, Ireland. Code Project: 34151SA. Duration: year 2015.
- FP7 Call 8 EC funded project titled: Network of Excellence in Wireless Communications NEWCOM#, with contract code: FP7-ICT-318306. Project duration: Nov. 2012 to Oct. 2015.
- FP7 Call 8 EC funded project titled: Enhanced Multi-carrier Techniques for Professional Ad-hoc and Cell Based Communications-EMPhAtiC, with contract code: ICT-318362. Project duration: 2012-2015. Role:General project coordinator and manager. I left the project by end of November 2013.
- FP7- EC funded Project: Advanced coexistence Technologies for Radio Optimization in Licensed and unlicensed Spectrum-ACROPILIS-NoE (ICT project with code: ICT-2009.1.1) with duration: 2009-2013.
- Project tiled: Self-Organised FemtoCells for Broadband Services-SOFOCLES. National project funded by Spanish Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce-MITYC, duration: 2011-2013.
- FP7 EC Project titled: Beyond Next Generation Mobile Broadband-BunGee, STREP. (ICT project, EU public funding, duration: 2010-2012).
- EC funded project from FP7 frame work titled: Physical Layer for Dynamic Spectrum Access and Cognitive Radio-ICT-PHYDYAS, STREP. Project duration: 2008-2010.
- European COST Action IC0902: Cognitive Radio and Networking for Cooperative Coexistence of Heterogeneous Wireless Networks (EU public funding, duration: 2009-2013). Role: project coordinator at CTTC, Management committee member (MCM) representing Spain, and working group WG1 leader of the COST Action.
- Project titled: Mobility Concepts for IMT-Advances- MOBILIA. Project type: EUREKA /CELTIC project funded by Spanish Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce-MITYC. Duration: 2008-2010.
- Project titled: WiMAX Base for General Audio & Visual Applications-(Wi4GOAL). Industrial funded project. Duration: 2007-2008.
- Project tiled: Cooperative and Cross layer Techniques for Wireless Sensor Networks-(PERSEO). National project funded by Spanish Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce-MITYC, duration: 2007-2009.
- Project titled: Wireless System Providing High Quality of Service- (WISQUAS). Project type: EUREKA/CELTIC/ National project funded by Spanish Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce-MITYC.
- Project title: Intelligent radio Resource Management for High-Speed Ad-hoc Networks Through the Development of Technique of Fuzzy Logic, Signal processing and Media Access Control Protocols– (GIRAFA). Project type: Public funding, from Spanish Minister of Science and Technologies-CYCIT. Project code: TIC 2002-04594-C02-02.
- EC funded project FP5 titled: Academic Network for Wireless Internet Research in Europe (IST-ANWIRE). Project type: NoE. Duration: 2002-2004.
- FP4 European Project: MC-CDMA Transmission Techniques for Integrated Broadband Cellular Systems-(IST-MATRICE). Project type: STREP. Public funding, duration: 2001-2003 (I left the project by end of 2002).
- Project title: Analysis of Transmission and Radio Propagation Conditions for UTRA, Industrial contract with Alcatel, Spain. Duration: 1999-2000.