- Since 2020, Director of Research at the Institut Supérieur d’Électronique de Paris-ISEP, Paris-France.
- Since 2020, member of the board of the EDITE doctoral School, Sorbonne University, France.
- Since 2020, the head of the LISTE (Computer Science, Signal and Image, Electronics and Telecommunications Laboratory) lab at ISEP.
- 2018-2020: Head of Signals & Communications department at Institut of Electronics and Telecommunications of Rennes (IETR), Rennes-France.
- Since 2017: Honorary Adjunct Professor, University of Technology, Sydney-UTS (Australia) as Adjunct Professor I’m responsible to Prof. Eryk Dutkiewicz in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology. It is agreed that will actively observe and participate in research collaborations between CentraleSupélec and UTS (Sydney-AUS).
- June 2017- August 2018: Co-director of the “Signals & Communications” department of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunications or Rennes-France (IETR) Lab (CNRS UMR 6164). More info at: https://www.ietr.fr/?lang=en.
- Since June 2013- present: Associate Professor/ Enseignant Chercheur at Signal, Communication & Embedded Electronics (SCEE) research group of CentraleSupélec, Campus of Rennes-France.
- From February 2012-May 2012: Visiting researcher at Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering, of Tampere University of Technology-TUT at Tampere, Finland.
- From 2006- June 2013: Senior Research Associate at Catalonia’s Telecommunications and Technology Centre-CTTC (http://www.cttc.es), Barcelona-Spain.
- From 2002-2005: Research Associate and Coordinator of Access Technologies research area at Telecommunications Technological Center of Catalonia-CTTC, Barcelona, Spain.
- From 2000- 2001: Development Engineer at Massana Technologies SL. company (Ireland). In 2002 the company has been bought by Ageere System (USA), and in 2007 merged with LSI Corporation http://www.lsi.com/ (USA).
- From 1997-2002: Research member of the “Systems and Signal Processing” research group (GAPS) of the department of Systems and Radio Communications (SSR) at the High School of Engineers of Telecommunications (ETSIT) of Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain.
Main research interests
- Terabits/THz Wireless Communications (B5G, 6G)
- Advanced Multicarrier Waveforms and systems for 5G
- Cooperative, and Multi-(Two-way)-Relays scenarios
- Cognitive Radio based systems
- Radio Resource Management
Scientific and Professional Society Membership
- Project reviewer at the «French National Research Agency» (ANR), France (since 2014).
- Chair of the working group “WG1” on High Capacity PHY for future radio access of the European Commission Radio Access and Spectrum (RAS) Cluster.
- Project reviewer at Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), Canada.
- IEEE Standards Association Member
- IEEE Senior Member (IEEE) since 2007.
- Member of IEEE Communication Society (ComSoc IEEE).
- Member of Cognitive Communications (CogCom) of WorldWide Universities Network Initiative |(WUN-CogCOM).
- Management Committee Member of the European Cooperation in Science and Technology Action [COST Action IC902].
Awards & Recognitions
- 2017: Best paper award at the IEEE/AIAA 36th Digital Avionics Systems Conference (DASC’2017), for the paper “Reconfigurable Filtered OFDM Waveform for Next Generation Air-to-Ground Communication“”
- 2016: Higher Degree by Research/Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches (HDR), University of Rennes 1, Rennes-France . Topic: ” Signal Processing for Future Multicarrier Systems” (hdr-bader-end-copie).
- 2014-2015: Invited lecturer at University of Jyväskylä-JUY, Finland
- 2012: Assumed the role of General Coordinator and Manager of FP7 STREP Project titled: Enhanced Multicarrier Techniques for Professional Ad-hoc and Cell-Based Communications [ICT-EMPhAtiC], with contract code: ICT-318362.
- 2010: Best paper award at the Sixth International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Communications (ICWMC’2010) for the paper “Pilot Pattern Adaptation and Channel Estimation in MIMO WiMAX-like FBMC System”.
- 2007: Member of the Bridge Technologies team, finalist in the 7th Competition of Business Ideas organized by the Spanish Ministry of Innovation, Universities, and Enterprise of the Local Government of Catalonia (CIDEM). 2007 edition.
- 2003: Certificate of Appreciation for contributions to The IEE European Personal Mobile Communications Conference (IEE EPMCC), Glasgow, UK.
- 2002: PhD degree “New Signal Processing Techniques Applied on the MC-CDMA System in the Reverse Link” (In Spanish) obtained with Honours (CUM LAUDE) from the High School of Engineers of Telecommunications (ETSIT) at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Madrid-Spain.